“Primum non nocere” (First do no harm) is the primary standard of the doctor, formulated by the founder of medical science, Hippocrates. Unfortunately, there are many therapeutical devices on the market that have unpredictable efficiency and safety.
Vertebral column decompression is a therapeutic procedure used to reduce pressure on the spinal discs and nerves. It aims to alleviate symptoms such as back pain, leg pain and numbness caused by conditions like herniated intervertebral discs, degenerative disc disease, and spinal stenosis. While spinal traction/decompression can be performed in a clinical setting by healthcare professionals using specialized equipment, there are also devices available for home use, such as the Lumbarest Lumbar Traction Device.
The main idea of spinal decompression therapy is to create negative pressure within the spinal discs, which helps to retract herniated or bulging discs and promote the influx of nutrients and oxygen into the affected area. By lowering tension on the nerves and improving blood flow, this procedure can help relieve pain and promote healing.
The Lumbarest Lumbar Traction Mat is designed to provide controlled traction to the lumbar section of the spine, allowing for gentle stretching and to decompress intradiscal pressure.
When using a lumbar traction home device like Lumbarest, it is important to follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer carefully. Here are some typical actions that may be involved:
- Preliminary familiarization with the procedure: Please read the attached instructions carefully and find answers to all your questions.
- Choose a convenient location: Also, choose a comfortable body position because the procedure takes 35-45 minutes, and it is extremely undesirable to move or look for comfort during traction.
- Application: Relax and don’t move or talk for entire time of procedure.
- Traction: First 10-15 minutes you could feel some discomfort or light pain, it means the traction began.
- Duration: The duration of each session may vary depending on individual needs. Typically, sessions may last between 40 to 45 minutes. It is no problem if you stay on device longer, but curable effect will not apply after that time.
- Frequency: The frequency of using the device may also vary depending on the condition of being treated and individual preferences. It also depends on your capabilities – some conduct sessions with Lumbarest daily, while for others 2-3 times a week is enough.
- Be careful: If you experience severe pain or other unexpected symptoms, do not ignore them, consult a doctor. But remember, during the first few sessions you will almost certainly experience moderate pain, this is normal.
Remember, the Lumbarest therapeutic mat, according to available statistics, is effective in 86% of cases. But this is not a panacea and in some cases its effect is either small or absent altogether.
The Lumbarest Lumbar Traction Mat is considered safer than other back stretchers due to several key factors.
- Lumbarest is specifically designed to provide targeted traction to the lumbar region of the spine, which can help alleviate pain and discomfort associated with various conditions such as herniated discs, sciatica, and spinal stenosis.
- One of the main advantages of the Lumbarest Lumbar Traction Device is the only one source of the traction force – gravity. This means that users can get the amount of traction applied to their lumbar spine based on their weight and comfort levels.
- For additional relaxation of the spinal muscles and interdiscal joints, Lumbarest has an integrated IR element for warming the lumbar segment of the spine.
- The Lumbarest Lumbar Traction Device features a contoured shape that conforms to the natural curvature of the lumbar spine, providing optimal support and alignment during traction. This design helps distribute the traction force evenly across the lumbar region, minimizing the risk of localized pressure points or discomfort.
- Medical Professional Guidance: The Lumbarest Device is often recommended by healthcare professionals due to its safety features and effectiveness in providing targeted traction to the lumbar spine.