Our site not only offers the best products and devices for back pain and lower back pain. We also publish the results of research in this area and talk about new products in the industry.
One in eight North Americans has had such an unpleasant experience (CDC Data Briefs). And the market reacts accordingly – manufacturers from different countries are constantly developing and offering for sale many solutions against back diseases. Among these proposals, there are effective ones, supported by years of research, but there are also those that look tempting but do not bring any relief. We will try to give you some advice and professional recommendations.
Advertising of medical institutions and doctors’ offices looks the most attractive. And this is a good decision, because these people are professionals who have devoted many years to medicine. But there are also some nuances.
- You need to have an expensive health insurance policy. As a rule, these procedures are not cheap and not every insurance covers them.
- Also, do not forget that you will need to find a day and time that is convenient for both you and the doctor for consultation. Scheduling an appointment with the specifics, this may take a long time. Well, what should you do if you have acute pain over the weekend and you need to go to work tomorrow. Go to the emergency room? It is unlikely that an orthopedic specialist is on duty there and most likely you will receive a dose of painkiller and a visit to the doctor in 3-5 days.
- Well, the big question is how lucky you will be with the doctor. The fact is that back treatment has different options, from cheap massage and spinal traction to injections and surgical operations. And the temptation is great to send you to the operating room, where the cost of treatment can be six figures. After all, in any case, medicine is also a business.
Our advice to you is to always start simply. Remember that spinal surgery is the latest option in a line of many. Start with simple procedures:
- Gently stretch your joints and soft tissues with simple back stretching exercises or back traction devices. Remember: There is no magical panacea that can heal anyone. But reliable items must have a satisfaction guarantee with a full refund.
- Keep moving. You might not feel like it when you’re in pain. But this is probably the first thing your doctor will recommend.
- Putting a warm heating pad on a sore back will reduce muscle spasms and relieve pain. If your neck hurts, you can apply not only heat but also cold to it: an ice pack wrapped in a towel or a cooling pad for 15-20 minutes. When it comes to the lower back, the cold will not help. The muscles of the back lie deeper than the muscles of the neck, so they will not have time to cool down in 15-20 minutes. And if you keep it cold for a long time, you can freeze the skin.
- Go to the lower back pain shop and choose the pain relief device, matching to your needs.
Products that can help in the treatment of back or lower back pain in our lower back pain shop are selected with the greatest care. And the most effective solution, the Lumbarest back decompression mat, has a satisfaction guarantee and more than 87% successful results in the treatment of lower back and back pain. Lumbarest.com lower back pain shop is the premier source of back pain, prevention and wellness products including Lumbarest back decompression mat.