The major function of the vertebral column is protection of the spinal cord; it also provides stiffening for the body and attachment for the pectoral and pelvic girdles and many muscles. In humans an additional function is to transmit body weight in walking and standing.
On another hand, spinal cord along with the brain and are your body's central nervous system. The spinal cord is the pathway for messages sent by the brain to the body and from the body to the brain. The spinal cord is a column of nerves that travels through the spinal canal. The cord extends from the skull to the lower back. Thirty-one pairs of nerves branch out through vertebral openings (the neural foramen). These nerves carry messages between the brain and muscles.
Usually, people think of the spine when they feel pain in the back, neck, or lower back. But we must not forget that the spinal cord also controls all human organs.
The spinal column is made up of bones called vertebrae. The spinal cord is located in the vertebral foramen and is made up of 31 segments: 8 cervical, 12 thoracic, 5 lumbar, 5 sacral and 1 coccygeal. A pair of spinal nerves leaves each segment of the spinal cord.
31 pairs of spinal nerves connect your spinal cord to the rest of your body. These nerves are part of your peripheral nervous system. They carry information in the form of nerve impulses from your spinal cord to the rest of your body and from your body to your spinal cord.
During the day, a person's spine contracts due to its vertical position. At night, during sleep, the back muscles relax, and the intervertebral gaps widen. Thus, the spine works like a pump that pumps the back of the brain with oxygen, nutrients, and fluids. In a young body, this process is easier and faster, but with age, the elasticity of the muscles and the condition of the vertebrae and intervertebral discs deteriorate. Therefore, back traction has a rejuvenating effect on the whole body and not only helps with the treatment of back pain.
When the patient lying down on the Lumbarest back stretching mat, the elastic rib construction creates the optimal-directed traction forces, which are caused only by gravity and strictly depends on the weight (mass) of the patient's body. It is always individual for each patient and did not utilize any external forces, like weights or engines. Heating element provide additional comfort relaxing the muscles at the procedure time and allowed to make procedure time shorter.
The most important results of using the Lumbarest back stretching mat are:
- Increase in intervertebral spaces, release pinched nerves, and straighten the spinal column.
- Reducing muscle and ligament tension, decreasing pressure on nerve endings due to an increase in intervertebral spaces.
- With the displacement of the vertebrae and prolapse of the discs, it becomes possible to normalize the anatomical structure.
- The expansion of the intervertebral spaces causes a decrease or elimination of compression of the nerve endings and an improvement in local blood circulation.
- The possibilities of using this system are not limited, since overstretching of the spine is impossible.
- The duration of its use is also not limited. Prolonged unloading leads to improved fluid circulation in the tissues of the intervertebral discs.
- Natural rotational movements in combination with long-term traction force also contribute to the improvement of the pumping mechanism and the circulation of fluid in the tissues of the discs.
- The pressure in the intervertebral discs begins to decrease after about 20 minutes of traction treatment, after 30-45 minutes of traction, the pressure continues to decrease and can return to normal.
WHAT THEY SAY
Read patient reviews and testimonials on Lumbarest therapeutic mat.
Best purchase I’ve ever made! I purchased this mat about 10 months ago online and haven’t felt the same since before my first child. This thing works wonders, I have tried every possible traditional method with nothing but disappointment. My condition left me felling like I was handicap and restrained from the things I used to love doing. The Detensor gave me my youth and health back and I am forever grateful to this mat. I recommend it to everyone! Thanks!
Since I’ve been going to use Lumbarest mat my sciatic pain has practically disappeared. I never thought I could get relief without pills but I found out you can. I would highly recommend Lumbarest Spinal Traction Mat.